Welcome to Elizabeth School District's Kids Club!
Kids Club is Elizabeth Schools' before and after school program available at Running Creek Elementary and Singing Hills Elementary. Students currently attending elementary school (K-5) through the summer after their fifth-grade year are able to participate in the program.
We offer a mix of structured and unstructured time for children before and after school, as well as a full summer program that includes bus field trips, walking field trips, arts and crafts, science and math activities, and special guests. We work within the ADA standards to make every effort to meet the needs of all children; however, our setting may not work for every child.
Kids Club Program Belief Statements
- Children are capable learners; therefore, adults should have high expectations for them.
- Children learn through active exploration.
- Children should be allowed the freedom to come into his or her own being by exploring, manipulating, discovering and relating to the world.
- Children’s engagement in activities should support the Elizabeth Schools' kindergarten – 12th-grade continuum in literacy, numeracy, explore (science, social studies and health), and technology.
- Our curriculum should emphasize the integration of all areas of development including language, fine motor, gross motor, cognitive (literacy, numeracy, problem-solving), social and emotional and self-help skills.
- Our program offers individualized and developmentally appropriate activities in a safe environment.
Kids Club participates in the Positive Behavior Supports (PBS) initiative sponsored by CDE and ESD. Major components of PBS include: positively stated expectations for all students and staff, procedures for teaching these expectations to students, students are recognized for displaying positive behaviors. Kids Club uses the acronym PAWS for helping with student retention of these expectations.
P = Positive Attitude
A = Act Responsibly
W = Willing to Participate
S = Safe Choices
Hours of Operation
The before school program is open from 6:30 a.m. to 8 a.m. (9 a.m. on late-start Thursdays) and the after school program is available from 3 p.m. to 6 p.m. The summer program operates from 6:30 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Kids Club is closed on (dates are subject to change):
- Labor Day
- Day after Thanksgiving
- Christmas (two days)*
- New Year’s Day (two days)*
- Martin Luther King Day
- President’s Day
- Memorial Day
- Fourth of July (1-3 days)
* The full-day program will close at 3 p.m. on Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve, should the program be open on these days.
Annual, non-refundable registration fee: $50 per child
- Before school - $11 per day
- After school - $13 per day
- Off school day - $38 per day
- Summer fees are $38 per day (plus any applicable activity fees)
Please see the Kids Club handbook for more our payment policies.
P.O. Box 610
Elizabeth, CO 80107
Singing Hills Elementary Program
Tricia Ackerman, Director
41012 Madrid Drive
Parker, CO 80138
Running Creek Elementary Program
Amber Ketchum, Site Coordinator
900 South Elbert St.
Elizabeth, CO 80107
WELCOME TO SINGING HILLS SUMMER KIDS CLUB!
We will go on many field trips this year. The cost of the field trips: $30 a week.
PLEASE make sure that your child brings the following everyday:
Water bottles (there will be a $1 charge of they do not have one), sack lunch, pillow and blanket, and a laundry basket to keep all items/belongings in.
WATER DAYS and SPLASH PARK DAYS: Please make sure that your child wears water appropriate clothes and shoes (they will get wet, so no jeans), and a towel.
LAKE and POOLS: swim suit, towel and water appropriate shoes.
Please make sure you look at the calendar for the days activities!