At Elizabeth School District Transportation we utilize many resources from the state level: Colorado Department of Education (CDE). Take a look at their mission statement below and peruse their site for fun and informational facts.
CDE Transportation Mission Statement: “To create a supportive, encouraging learning environment for the school districts serving Colorado's public school children, through professional, knowledgeable ideas, utilizing the best resources available to achieve safe transportation programs”.
Elizabeth School District is Hiring Bus Drivers
- Could a few extra dollars in your bank account each month be of help?
- Do you care about the students in our district?
The Elizabeth School District finds themselves short of daily route & substitute school bus drivers.
We could use your help if the following details sound interesting to you:
- Minimum 21 years of age with a good driving record.
- Good health! CDL School Bus Drivers must be able to pass an agility test and a Dept. of Transportation physical. (Paid by the District)
- Starting pay $13.00 per hour.
- CDL Training is provided.
- Bus ROUTES are typically 4 hours (2 hours a.m. - 2 hours p.m.) But… we can be flexible. A driver can be scheduled for just a.m. or just p.m. – just certain days of the week - or just certain seasons. Whatever works for you!
- SUBS typically drive “on occasion”, 2 hours in the a.m. or p.m.
- With permission, non-school age children can accompany bus drivers on their routes or as subs.
Don’t wait! Act now to secure a space in an upcoming training class! No experience necessary. 40+ hours of paid training upon completion.
If this is you, call Terry Wilson or Tiara Noe for information @ 303-646-6790 Or apply online at http://www.applitrack.com/esdk12/onlineapp/jobpostings/view.asp
Online Field Trip Request Form
History of the Bus
Buses have been around for quite sometime. They have come a long way since their introduction. Check out the history of the bus.
- 1662 - Blaise Pascal introduced the first horse-drawn bus in Paris. However, due to high ticket prices, it only operated for 15 years.
- 1812 - After a huge gap, the horse-drawn bus made its appearance once again. These were a cross between a carriage and stagecoach. People even rode on the roofs of these early buses. It was also at this time that the bus got its name. It derived its name from Latin (Omnibus) meaning "for all."
- 1830's - steam-engine powered buses began to operate. In this same time-period the electric trolley bus was invented.
- 1895 - the first internal combustion engine bus was invented.
- Today - buses have developed into a safe, affordable and convenient way to travel.
Inclement Weather Conditions
Colorado weather can be severe at times. When a storm approaches the area, the school district has a thorough process for evaluating if school should be delayed, canceled or if school is already in session, whether students should be released early. Click here for a copy of our weather policy explanation.
34291 County Rd 13
Elizabeth, CO 80107
We are located just south of the Middle and High Schools directly on County Road 13.
Typical office hours are 7:00 am to 5:00 pm.
Our ESD Transportation Team
We are a talented team dedicated to your student’s transportation needs and safety!
2 Full Time Certified Mechanics
31 Bus Drivers
- 28 Daily Routes
- 1800+ Students Served Daily
- 40 Buses & 17 Small Vehicles
- 1500+ Driving Miles Daily (includes Activity & Field trips)
- 300,000+ Annual Miles (includes Activity & Field trips)
- CDL Accredited Training & Licensure
- Student Management Skills
- Safety & CPR Trained
- Elizabeth School District comprises 161 square miles!!
- We drove 7,820 bus routes for 2018/19 School year!!
- We drove 187,464 students for 2018/19 School year!!
- Total miles traveled for 2018/19 school year was 336,015!!