Welcome to Elizabeth High School
Welcome to Elizabeth High School; a place where everyone is valued. At EHS, we hold high expectations for academic achievement, citizenship, and involvement in school activities. Student success is foremost in everything that we do.
Elizabeth High School is a community of learners where cordial and productive behavior is the norm. We hold high expectations for achievement and extracurricular activities. We stress an appreciation for the people and facilities around us. We want to provide an advantage for every student in our high school.
Take advantage of the depth of the EHS curriculum which includes Advanced Placement classes, college-articulated classes, vocational programs, and many exceptional elective offerings. Extensive opportunities in athletics, performing arts, leadership organizations, clubs, and extracurricular activities are available for our students.
The faculty and staff in our building are eager and willing to help you each day. We want you to succeed in school and in life. Enjoy your high school experience as you discover new talents and enhance your abilities.
AP (Advanced Placement) Courses Offered
- AP Studio Art: 2-D Design Portfolio
- AP Studio Art: 3-D Design Portfolio
- AP English Language & Composition
- AP English Literature & Composition
- AP Calculus AB
- AP Calculus BC
- AP Human Geography
- AP Music Theory
- AP Statistics
- AP Biology
- AP Chemistry
- AP Physics C: Mechanics
- AP European History
- AP United States Government & Politics
- AP United States History
College Courses Offered
On the EHS campus, students have the opportunity to earn many college credits as a part of the regular schedule. We have numerous Advanced Placement (AP) classes and college courses within our standard course offerings. In partnership with Pikes Peak Community College, we offer several college credit opportunities within our curriculum. College articulated classes, concurrent enrollment classes, and programs that may offer students well over 50 college credit hours for grades 9-12. Students receive their college transcripts directly from PPCC (Pikes Peak Community College).
- The average Core Class size is under 24 Students
- EHS ACT Composite Average was 21.9 in 2015-16, the average ACT composite for Colorado was 20.6
- The EHS Student-Faculty Ratio is approx. 17:1
- Advanced placement classes and many college credit opportunities are available
- EHS graduation rate is 93-94%
- EHS offers a comprehensive interscholastic athletic program with sixteen varsity sports and cheerleading
- EHS graduates have attended MIT, the Air Force Academy,West Point, and School of Mines
- EHS State Titles: Cheerleading 1994; Gymnastics 2009, 2010, 2012; Football 2010
- EHS offers a Student Council and National Honors Society
- EHS has three state/national competitive leadership organizations: Future Business Leaders, Family Career and Community Leaders of America, and the Technology Student Association
- The EHS offers the Teacher Cadet Program, preparing students for Careers in Education
- Student Leaders from EHS and FHS attend the CASB annual convention
- Fourth year of EHS rodeo club. We held a state rodeo for the last 2 years with 300 participants from around the sate.
- Homecoming Week has been a Cardinal Tradition since 1967
Notice of Non-Discrimination
Elizabeth School District does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, creed, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth, or any other applicable status protected by state or local law in its educational program, activities, operations and employment decisions. The district is committed to providing an environment free from bullying and harassment.
Any student or staff member who believes he or she has been discriminated against, or who witnesses discrimination (including bullying or harassment), shall promptly make a report to the administrator/supervisor, or the district non-discrimination officer Kin Shuman (303-646-1832; email@example.com; 633 Dale Ct., PO Box 610, Elizabeth, CO 80107).