The Business Education Department is committed to educating students for success in the ever-changing world of business. The business education curriculum prepares students for life after high school graduation with an emphasis on preparation for college. The courses are designed to develop workplace and life skills and to complement skills needed for success in achieving a college degree.
The high school curriculum offers courses in Accounting, Business and Personal Finance, Business Law, Business Management and Leadership, Marketing, and Computer Applications. For complete description and prerequisites for the business courses offered at EHS, visit the Course Description Guide.
Students are encouraged to sample as many of these courses as his/her schedule allows. Through taking multiple business courses in high school, the student will be given the skills and academic challenges in preparation for a college business curriculum.
The Business Department offers two Pathways:
- Accounting – 1 year of Accounting I
- Computer Applications 1 / Introduction to Businsss plus any other business elective.
- Note-Business and Personal Finance mets the financial literacy requirement for graduation. Business students should take their financial literacy course through the Business Department.
Students who enter a Pathway are strongly encouraged to complete two semesters of course work within that Pathway. Students enrolled in one or more Pathways within the Business Department are encouraged to join the co-curricular organization, Future Business Leaders of America. The Future Business Leaders of America is an American career and technical student organization. The organization is the largest student-run organization in the United States of America and one of the largest business-related organizations in the world.
Mrs. Lori McCoin
- Computer Applications I
- Computer Applications II
- Computer Applications III
- Computer Science Principles
Mr. John Loutzenhiser
- Accounting II
- Business Foundations
- Business Law and Ethics
- Business Finance and Investments
- Business Management and Leadership