Degrees and Certifications:
Mrs. Lori Horton
I am excited and honored to welcome you to Hortonville. What is Hortonville? Hortonville is a place that I have created to make students feel safe to take educational risks and are valued... to quote Horton by Dr. Seuss, “A person is a person, no matter how small.” It is also a place where students will be challenged to engage and to immerse themselves in discovering and analyzing literature. Finally, Hortonville is a place where you will learn in a fun, fair, firm, focused and consistent environment. I look forward to facilitating your learning and to further getting to know you this year.
Dear Parents and Students:
Google Classroom is amazing, and I will be posting assignments on Google Classroom from this point onward.
Materials Students Need for the Course
- 1- 3-ring binder (1.5 or 2 inches) - specifically for LA
- 6 dividers:(labeled: Class Misc., Vocabulary, Literature, Projects, Writing, and Grammar)
- Composition notebook (kept in class)
- College-ruled loose-leaf notebook paper or spiral
- Pens and pencils (any color but purple)
- Highlighters and Sharpies
- Sticky Notes (any color/size)
- Art supply bag: glue sticks, scissors, colored pencils, etc.
Each course has its own blog. Click on to the appropriate course level LC 100 or LC 200. You will see a running list of class activities and linked materials by dates. You are responsible for looking over this blog if you are absent. You can also retrieve materials via links.
If you have any questions, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org