SENIOR YEARBOOK INFO
The Elizabeth High School Yearbook Staff would like you to take the time to complete the following documents that are inside of this mini packet to ensure that you are represented in the 2023-2024 yearbook. You will find suggestions for photographers along with the requirements for senior picture submission and baby ad purchasing information.. Please read this packet thoroughly as there are many requirements, instructions, and deadlines! If you have any questions, please contact the yearbook team at email@example.com.
Elizabeth High School Yearbook Staff
Senior Photo Information
This is an exciting part of the yearbook, so we suggest that you schedule as early as possible, sessions fill up quickly. Below is a list of suggested photographers in the area:
Blue Talon Photography
Chloe Noelle Productions
Tom Kerkhoff Photography and Design
For our senior families for which the cost of a professional shoot is not viable, an opportunity to get the senior photo experience is still available. For $25, a yearbook staff member can take pictures of your student at any local spot (Evan’s Park, Casey Jones Park, etc.). This package includes 5 different shots which will be given to you on a flash drive. From there, you are free to print the photos at a photo center, use the photos on social media, and copy the photos as you see fit. For an added $25 fee, professional digital editing of the 5 shots can be done by the yearbook staff. If you are interested in this opportunity, feel free to contact the yearbook team at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or to set up your appointment.
Senior Photo Requirements
In order to have your senior picture included in the yearbook you MUST adhere to these requirements:
- Submit one portrait per student
- File must be in jpg format - NO HARD COPIES WILL BE ACCEPTED!!
- File must be 300 dpi or larger
- Files must be submitted in the following format: lastname_firstname.jpg
- Must be VERTICAL 2 ¼ x 3¼ photo
- Please no: soft focus, texture, name stamping or embossing, logos
- Props (pets, instruments, sports equipment, etc...) are allowed, but your student must be the focus of the photo
- Props must be school appropriate
- Nothing can be covering your student’s face with the exception of prescription glasses
- This is a part of the book that is traditional and respectful, no silly-type photos will be accepted. There are other places in the book for those photos.
- NOTE: If your student does not submit a senior picture, their slot will be filled with their student ID picture or it will say “not pictured.”
We reserve the right to deny photos if they do not meet these requirements.
PHOTOS MUST BE RECEIVED BY Friday, December 8th, 2023 ON GOOGLE CLASSROOM: SENIOR PHOTO AND QUOTE - CLASS OF 2024. CODE: QW3JQEF. DUE TO BOOK DEADLINES, PICTURES RECEIVED AFTER THIS DATE WILL NOT APPEAR IN THE YEARBOOK!!
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact the yearbook adviser via email: email@example.com
Senior Baby Ad Information and Instructions
The baby ads are a very special part of the yearbook for parents to say something to their senior student and reflect on their lives leading up to graduation. Baby ads include photos and room for a message to your student. Please also include their name, and if you choose, a nickname or preferred name.
How it works:
- Go to yearbookforever.com
- Type in Elizabeth High School.
- Click on buy an ad.
- Click the “design it for me” option.
- Upload your pictures
- Upload the pictures of your choice of your student
- Minimum/ Maximum photo guide:
- Full page - 8-14 pictures
- ½ page - 4-6 pictures
- ¼ page - 2-3 pictures
- ⅛ page - 1-2 pictures
* Be aware that the yearbook staff might need to cut some photos if you include a longer message.
- Type your message
- Include their name and a nickname if you would like.
- Type a message to your student that they will see when they receive their book.
- If you would like some ideas please feel free to contact the yearbook staff.
- Let the Yearbook team do the rest!
Senior Ad Prices:
- Full Page - $200
- Half Page - $150
- ¼ Page - $100
- ⅛ Page - $50
Seniors have the opportunity to include a senior quote on their senior portrait in the yearbook. Please fill out the information below appropriately and correctly. THESE QUOTES WILL GO THROUGH MR. MCCLENDON, MAKE SURE THEY ARE APPROPRIATE AND ADHERE TO THESE REQUIREMENTS OR THEY WILL NOT BE FEATURED IN THE BOOK!
- Submit one quote per student
- Quotes must be school appropriate. If they are not, they will not be included in the yearbook
- Quotes must be 120 characters or less. Quotes that exceed 120 characters will not be included in the yearbook
- You must give credit to the author of the quote correctly. (NO ONE likes plagiarism!!)
- Submit your senior portrait and quote to the “Senior Class Portrait and Photo” Google Classroom page. Use the following code to join. qw3jqef (not case sensitive)