Online Learning Changes:
We will be making a slight shift due to the current situation with COVID19. All assignments from this point forward will be individual. You will need to use your school email account to share your work with me in Google Docs.
May 11 - 21, 2020
We are working on the final project for the year. When you complete this project you are done for the year.
Final Project: Water Bottle Rockets
1) Goto this link to get started on your rocket. ----> http://waterbottlerockets.weebly.com/
2) Once you get to the webpage go to the following tabs and read the information in this order.
B) Rocket History
C) Rocket Basics
D) Design CG & CP
E) Design- Rocket Variables
3) After reading all the preceding tabs on the website you will need to do the following.
A) Draw plans of what your rocket will look like.
B) Build your rocket.
C) Take pictures of your plans and your completed rocket and share them with me in Google Docs.
*** Unfortunatly we will not be testing the rockets as a class, but you are more that welcome to launch them on your own. Please be safe and smart if you do.
4) Grading criteria:
A) Craftsmanship ( Does it look like you took pride in your work OR does it look like it was thrown together at the last minute).
B) Design ( Does your rocket have all the major parts a rocket should have).
C) You may decorate your rocket if you want--- Have fun with it.
Rocket Due: May 21,2020
May 5 - 9, 2020
This week we will creating a space flight time line in Google slides. See the attached ribric file below to get started.
See the attachement area below for this file : "Space Travel timeline_grading_rubric
Due: May 11, 2020
*** Next week and for the remainder of the school year we will be building water bottle rockets. You will need the following items.
1) Small water bottle ( Like an Aquafina water bottle).
2) Hot Glue Gun and Glue
3) Cardboard ( For Fins)
4) Something to cut the cardboard with.
5) Tape ( preferably Duck Tape)
OK, next week get ready to blast off.
April 27 -May 1, 2020
This week we will be doing th NASA Moon Survival Task. See below for the " NASA Moon Survival Task" file. The directions are self explanitory, but if you have any questions please email me. Please submit your answers in google docs.
-Due: April May 1, 2020
April 17 -April 24, 2020
This week we will be going on a virtual field trip. Follow the link below to get started. We will be doing the Full Virtual Field Trip.
Ok, Lets Blast Off!
Virtual Field Trip----> https://www.boeingfutureu.com/virtual-field-trips/space
-Due: April 24, 2020
*After the field trip share in Google Docs what you learned and what inspired you.
* Would you like to go to space or work on a team that gets our astronauts to space, or even Mars?
* What job would you like to do at NASA or Boeing?
April 13 -April 17, 2020
NASA Apollo Program
We will be learning about the Apollo missions this week. Use the NASA link provided and share 5 things you found fascinating about the Apollo program with me in Google Docs.
-Due: April 17, 2020
NASA Apollo Link: https://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/apollo/index.html
April 3 -April 10, 2020
We will be moving into the space travel section for the rest of the year.
- Watch the following video About Dr. Robbert Goddard
* After the video Questions.
- Due April 10, 2020
1) What year did Dr. Goddard begin his rocket experiments?
2) Where did Dr. Goddard do most of his rocket tests? Why did he choose this place?
3) What was Dr. Goddards main goal with his rocket experiments?
4) Who took his idea and used it for a diffent purpose?
5) Do you think we would have made it to the moon without Dr. Goddards experiments?
- Be sure to share all your work with me in Google docs.
March 24 - April 3, 2020
History of Flight Timeline
Due: April 3, 2020
- Use Google Slides to create a timeline of the history of flight.
-Place one historical event per slide
- Minimum of 15 historical events
- Slide should include the following
* When did the achievement happen?
* Who Did it?
* Where did it happen?
* Why is it important?
Grading: See the rublick below. "History of Flight timeline_grading_rubric"
Be sure to share your work with Mr. Taylor when you are finished and ready for it to be graded.